Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What would you rather do with $1000?

I can think of a lot of things that I would rather do with $1000. Like, go on vacation, buy new furniture, a new refrigerator, new counter tops in the kitchen, food storage, go school shopping for the kids, and of coarse, invest it or pay off debt. But unfortunately I don't have much of a choice with this one. I get to buy a new garage door and have it installed. Yup, our old garage door hit the dust, after many years of use and the corroding power of rust, it's time to replace it.
Luckily, we have a good friend Blair Morse that used to work as a garage door installer, so he is working on installing our beautiful new garage door as I type. And, even though there are a lot more exciting things that I would rather spend $1000 on, it will look great on our house and be a nice improvement on our home. We even picked out a nice new opener that is ultra quiet, opens twice as fast as regular models, and comes with a key less entry! Whahoo, the excitement that can come with shopping for openers at Home Depot! Who knew ? I look forward to trying it out for the first time and seeing how nice the finished project will look on our home. :)

2 comments:

The Turner Family said...

YOU WILL HAVE TO POST A PICTURE OF TH NEW DOOR! I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT

Jessica said...

Don't you love spending money on home repairs? I am sure that you will really love having new garage door though. Can't wait to see it!